Deaf & Disabled Access @ L Fest 2017
We want everyone to enjoy L Fest as much as possible so we try our best to make our site as accessible as we can. We are continuing to work alongside Attitude is Everything who improves Deaf and disabled people's access to live music by working in partnership with audiences, artists and the music industry.
L Fest are proud to have been awarded the Silver level of Attitude is Everything’s Charter of Best Practice, demonstrating our commitment to improving the live music experience for our Deaf and disabled customers.
Read the full report here:
As part of our commitment to make L Fest accessible to everyone, we aim to provide deaf and disabled ticket holders, that would not be able to attend our festival without the assitance of a PA, one ticket for them to assist you for the weekend at no additional cost. Refunds cannot be given to tickets already purchased.
Please purchase your own ticket to L Fest and then request and complete the registration form below if you require a PA/companion ticket to enable you to come to our event. If you cannot buy your ticket online please call L Fest HQ on 07729180630. Alternatively email email@example.com
***NEW FOR 2017*** ALL PERSONS REQUIRING AN ACCESSIBLE AREA CAMPING PITCH, MUST APPLY VIA THE REGISTRATION FORM BELOW.
YOU WILL BE SENT A BADGE FOR YOUR CAR TO ACCESS THIS AREA AT THE FESTIVAL.
Once you have purchased your ticket, it is important that you complete our customer registration form above and send it back to us with the required proof of eligibility.
Facilities available at L Fest for Deaf and Disabled people:
- Dedicated crew on arrival to show you to the accessible camping area / help you with your tents if requested.
- We cannot guarantee assistance to put your tent up but where possible we will try to help if you tell us in advance
- Companion tickets made available to those who need them most, this ensures those who would be normally be unable to attend without assistance can participate, your companion can be on hand to assist with tent putting up, mobility around the site and assisting with any medical needs you may have during your time at the festival.
- Accessible camping area at the front of the camping area. This will be clearly marked and you will be able to park your vehicle next to your tent. Please bring ear plugs if required. There is designated quiet zone camping, but this is further away from the main stage area.
- Accessible toilet within the accesible camping zone.
- Accessible shower: There is an accessible shower next to the shower blocks
- Please note this years venue is a field as part of an estate. We will do everything we can to provide full accessibility at all times, however we cannot guarantee that all of the ground will be suitable for wheelchairs or mobility scooters at all times as this will be weather dependant.
- Mobility scooters maybe available for hire for the festival. These are from an external company, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request more details from local companies.
- There is a charging area available in campsite to charge mobility scooters/electric wheelchairs, via the solar powered Fire Engine.
- A hearing induction loop facility is available on arrival and in the Reception area.
- BSL interpreters can be available if needed and booked in advance by June 30th, please email email@example.com. Not all events can have interpreters.
- A lockable medical storage facility is provided on site. Details are available at reception.
- We will provide access information including a map of the accessible facilities prior to arrival (available in large print for visually impaired people if requested in advance).
Each year we try to provide the most appropriate facilities for deaf and disabled customers to make L Fest the most enjoyable possible, therefore we request that anyone requiring access to any of the these facilities onsite complete and returns our Deaf and Disabled Customer Registration Form. This form can be downloaded at the bottom of this page. Furthermore, with your help, as part of our mission to continually strive to improve your festival experience, we would like you to let us know how we’re doing, therefore a feedback form will be made available to you after the event.